Activities this Past Week

Haven't ran since JMFR so decided to go back to the usual 2 x 5km routine for weekdays and 2 bike rides over the weekend. The 2 running activities were not good at all. Pace was 6min/km but I did a new route which is 5.5km iso 5km. These are more as filler activities for cycling. Weekday cycling is too much for me most of the time....waking damn early and take a while to get setup.

So on election day Saturday, I went yet again on a round island solo ride (112km). I changed my saddle tilt a bit (flat) and consciously try not to put too much weight on my hands, esp the right one as I'm developing some sort of Tennis Elbow due to cycling.

Kicked off around 5.05am and was trying to complete by 9am. Unfortunately, I came in 2-mins after 9am...exhausted. Normally, I will have 1/2 to 1/4 bottle of liquids left but this time around completely finished. It was ok up till around Mandai (30.7km/h average) until the sun came up. It became hot really fast and it was a real struggle maintain speed..also shoulders/neck area felt uncomfortable towards the end which was quite unusual. HR was a screeching 160bpm for the entire ride. I'm quite bad in hot weather and probably a good idea to train more in such conditions (Desaru?) as the Ipoh Century is likely to be the same. This was one tough ride!

On Sunday decided to go later, kick off around 6.30am. This time I set off to do the east west loop aka "to Tuas and back"....a very flat and straightforward ride. The first time I did this, I made 31.5km/h ave speed. For this ride it was a mere 30.1km.h....again like the day before, it got pretty hot when sun came up....spotless skies. Still a nice challenge. A guy at a red light actually asked me about my bike asking me which Z series was it....finally someone who actually knows about the existence of Parlees!

So this weekend represents a twist in the weather, displaying my new weaknesses. I will address them accordingly.

Monday is a given holiday due to the elections being held on Saturday. Will probably chill (meaning - do nothing!) for the day. 227km completed thus far for May.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling