2011 is here! Saddle & Wheels!

But my maid situation has not improved......no time to cycle far and away until perhaps end of the month! Sucks!

I received my Evans order. Apart from some of the tools I got, the main thing was the Charge Knife saddle (SGD68 - on offer), it looks pretty good and despite what some people of stated, it looks pretty well made too. My only worry is the stitching which can literally be a thigh sore.

Installed it and tested it out this morning. Had to readjust a bit the height (its thinner profile from rail to top-of-seat by 1cm compared to the Aliante). It feels quite good actually with the flatter profile but that was only for a short 5-6km ride around ECP. I will try a hard effort ride tomorrow morning (ECP - Coastal - Loyang - Siglap), another crazy kick-off time of 5am and back by 6.30am.

Also, I bought via the Serotta forums (from a real life amateur racer Josh Rennie in Reno) a pair of HED Stinger 6 Tubular Wheelset.....one of the most aero-est wheel you can find currently. Comes with newish Evo Corsa CX and used pads. Its 1kUSD to him and the cost of shipping can go as high as 200SGD incl GST (shit, should have declared lower!!). Hope these wheels will be a keeper set.

Rgds,
Jack



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling