Weekend Rides

Did Mt. Faber with Ryo and KL on Saturday. Only 4 loops. Can't catch Ryo up the slopes....he does has a distinct advantage due to his size and weight, giving superior power/weight ratio. Still can't outsprint me though (on flat or slight down-slopes) but he's training hard to make that happen, I'm sure. It's kept all inside. Anyway, I do not expect to ride much with anyone these days due to the maid situation, which is alright I guess. I don't mind waking up a bit earlier just to finish up earlier as well. Besides, solo riding, I find, gives me more discipline and its purely me against the elements, whatever it maybe. Somehow, I like that thought.

I arranged with Ryo for 80km on Sunday but I only saw his text on Sunday morning (that he could not go because he has no lights, instead he went interval training himself, get the drift?) so I decided to go at it solo. It's not like I've never done it before, in fact I have done solo long loops between 80km-100km a handful of times last year.

The weather was great, cooling....but I was a bit reluctant to move off when I saw the skies clouded! I went anyway. It took a long time for me to warm up....only managed to break a sweat after lor Ah Soo. Since I wanted to exceed ave. 30km/h on this 80km loop, I was determined to make it happen so I tried to keep a steady 32-33km/h throughout, making sure I make good speed going upslopes and take full advantage going downslope. I managed to pull up my average from 25km/h at Lor Ah Soo, to 30km/h after LCK. I thought no problem! I normally gain a lot speed along Jalan Buroh and the West Coast Highway....boy...was I wrong. As soon as my direction hit towards the east, there was headwind. This part was tough. I managed to bump up my ave a little to 30.4km/h at some point and finished home just over my target....30.1km/h. A good one I think, considering the elements and that I had a supersprint + Faber the previous day.

I expect my HEDs to arrive this week....damn VPOST is shit man....will use borderlinks next time! I'm so eager to try these out....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling