Mt. Faber Weekend

So I've not been up for quite a while, months in fact, and with this lighter and faster Z3, I had high hopes. On Saturday I set out at 5.30am and took a leisurely ride to Kg.Bahru approach. Going up the slopes I saw a MTB labouring up, the rider looks pretty fit too and stood up as he hit the turn at the carpark where the gradient goes 10% up. I was a good 50m+ behind him at that point. I pushed myself to chase him down and I did it! passing him about 30-40m before the 'peak'.

Looking back at the data, I was doing ~13km/h at the 13-14% gradient stretch, which is good IMO. Normally I trod along at about 8-10km/h at this stretch. Magic of motivation I guess. Well going down hill from there was scary, there was a stretch where the lights were OFF....at that point the MTB passed me and he turned on his super duper trail lights and I followed him down. Thanks man! Did another 3 rounds via Morse and another via Kg. Bahru again, this time, much less aggressive!

Did almost the same on Sunday....due to time constraints, only managed 4 loops via Kg. Bahru....ultimately I would love to complete 10 without 2 hours...that will be rather challenging. Pretty good time on the last run though.

After months of doing 'fast average speed' on mostly flats, coming back to Faber and suffering going up really remind me what is more important to me. A fat guy on a carbon bike really shouldn't feel at home up those steeps......but I insist on trying!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling