2010 New Year's Day Special : 13 Loops Mt. Faber

Welcome 2010!

I just wanted to do something different to kick off the year. I was actually targetting 15 loops so I'm really short of the target!

Left home at about 4.30am (only managed 3+ hrs of sleep) and the climb started a little after 5am. By the 8th (or was it 9th??) loop, exhaustion was creeping in which was kind of weird since the last time I did it, I did not feel this. Should have gotten more rest man.....still, managed to complete 11 rounds before meeting KL at Kg. Bahru for the last 2 rounds.

Went slower than before, on average slightly over 10mins per round. I was also concentrating on NOT GRINDING and it worked because my knee felt 100% even after the climbs. Previously, they felt a little sore especially the left knee.

Wanted to go into Sentosa after that but damn thing now is cyclist are charged....2 bucks for the person and 1 for the bike! WTF?? Never had to pay a single cent cycling into Sentosa and I didn't plan on starting so we turned back.

Here's the SAW TOOTH RIDE! The Edge don't lie!


Quick study on the grade. Since the supposedly elevation bug fix firmware update on the Edge, it appears that the grade is higher in general (??). Kg. Bahru approach is 13% while Morse Rd. approach is about 11.5%. Overall average grade over 1.6km ascend from Kg Bahru is ~6% and ~5% via Morse Road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling