Fixed Gear Build Update #3 : Jan 2010

I expect everything to be in by this week (headset!). Everything else is here by the way.

Received the Sugino Chainring and Cog this past week (also the Garmin GSC10 etc.).

Here's the gold 'spare' cog I got via KL. 18T in GOLD. This will be the backup cog for hilly areas. I figured that using 48T front and 16T rear will be something for relatively flat areas. This combination can give me speeds >30km/h at 80rpm, which is something I am comfortable with.


Beautiful 48T chainring from Sugino, great finish in my opinion, though I do expect the colour to come off at the teeth area with usage. It'd be a miracle if it doesn't! Here are the combination using the Sante crank, with the chainring in the inner and outer position. IMHO, outer looks better, but inner don't look as bad as I thought it would be. Now it boils down to whether the 107mm BB will give me an acceptable chainline on wither positions.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling