Changi Prison Route (Loyang) Revisited

Did this little route this weekend. It was the one that caused my knee injury earlier and understandably so, I was quite reluctant. Total ride was 35km thereabout, starting out from Macs at ECP and ending at Marine Crescent.

3 bikes : A Look carbon, Pina Banesto alu (yup confirmed not steel) and my steel ride. To my surprise at the hill, I was able to overtake the lighter bikes...but nearly punctured after the first 3 hills (they were total of 4). On the downhill, I did about 47km/h just coasting. The trick is to of course, gain as much speed as possible to tackle the next hill else you'll be caught pedalling like a mad dog.

Knee feels fine so far, so that good. Except for a little soreness on the thigh muscles, nothing serious. In fact it was a really really good workout for all of us and I'm looking forward to doing it again this coming weekend! This time I will do it with the Titanium bike! (who's owner has improved by leaps and bounds since he started riding 1 month plus ago).

Also heard some weird metal clanging noises along the way. Thought it was my new wheels acting up but upon further inspection, found out that the bottle case (alu) has come loose. Gotta find some way to get it tightened well but not too tight in order to preserve the threads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling