First Week of Nov : before Tour of Bintan

I did basically some sort of exercise everyday. On weekdays alternated between 5km runs and 30+ km east coast rides. Did quite ok for the 5km runs....28mins for 5km and getting better; with the exception of an afternoon run (about 2pm) on Sunday where I was totally OFF. The body wasn't quite in exercising mode.

On Friday, intended to do a 100+km ride with Ryo. Started off rather well albeit a bit slowly as we were chatting and got caught at LCK in the rain. Stopped for a while at a bust stop as the rain got heavier and heavier....I think we must have waited about 30mins. Seeing the rain did not let up, we continued but at a cautious pace. At some point, we decided to cut the ride short and opted to return via Jalan Kayu. It was a working day so traffic was murder. Cars and buses were out to kill anything not on fours. Stick to Coastal rides for weekdays!



On Saturday, managed to get JM out for an introductory ride around West Hills. He cycled all of 15km from his place to mine and we went from there. We hit the hills in this order : Faber via Kg. Bahru, South Buona Vista Road, Kent Ridge Park, NUH/NUS, Pepy's Road and finally Teluk Blangah Hill. Stopped at Fong Seng midway to have some Nasi Lemak! Total distance covered for me was about 52km....for him....90km! Quite impressive of him to attack those hills with his jogging shoes on the bike! Kent Ridge Park ascent was a 15% + grade short ascent and he managed to grind up. I was doing the hills at a slow pace, by standing up and pedal. I'm poor stand cyclist!



For Monday (Haji), I went alone for some loops at Loyang. Started out early at 5am. Upon reaching Loyang average speed was about 30.5km/h. The first loop I tried to outdo by previous best but only managed 34+km/h....punctured going up the steep section. I was trying to do the loop standing....a mistake as I don't really get much power out of it and worse of all, my tanks finish much faster when standing. By the the 5th round, it was tough getting up to speed at the slopes. Not bad though as after the final loop, average speed was about 30km/h. Reached home a tad over 7am...nice.



So, all that is left is 4 more days before Tour of Bintan. I'm tapering down now. All I can say is that my legs are tired. The spirit is so-so and I can't wait for it to be over!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling