Running and Cycling Days

Finally, managed to complete a 10km run one weekday morning under an hour (58min 52s) at ECP! Forgot to take my HR strap along so I'm not sure how intensive it was but I'm guessing average about 160bpm or slightly under. Felt ok and best of all, legs were ok...no pains thank god. I think this barefoot running thing is great!

For the weekend I resumed cycling and went for a lone 80km West Loop early Saturday morning. The alloys feels good and seemingly more comfortable as well bu no less stiff. Hit 30.5km/h right after Manday and thereafter managed to pull it up to 31.0 km/h after LCK road. There was quite a fair bit of traffic so it was a tad slow at Jalan Bahar/Boon Lay where I lost speed. Did well at Jalan Buroh and led a fast group to 38+km/h after the 2nd flyover.....I was spent after the 3rd and 2 guys sprinted off at the final slope. I decided to let them go at the lights as I did not want to draft anyone for this ride. From thereafter headwinds started and only managed to complete the course at 30.8km/h average speed which was rather disappointing!

The HR issue is still there....I was actually trying to avoid my HR from dropping below 150bpm. This was quite difficult in the beginning but towards the end HR soared a bit more. My fastest time on this route was back in May this year where I did 31.6km/h average, the only difference is of course were the HEDs with Vittorias. I still believe the HEDs are fast for this course but it has to have the right tubs to go for it, plus, it has to be GLUED, not taped.

on Mavic OPs + DA7800 Hubs handbuilts

Opted for a long distance run with Ryo on Sunday....met up with him at about 615am. Started at an easy pace and actually I am always a bit worried as he could easily push up the pace and I'll puncture fast but always appreciate the challenge that he gives me on any sport. Unfortunately, his knee started to act up at the lagoon and had to stop/walk....I walked for a while and went alone till the next carpark after the jetty and looped back to rendezvous with him. 

Had a nice walk with the family at night and stopped by Scruffy Murphy's at ECP and had a nice pint of Kilkenny's while the kids had fries. Slept late at 12am (late for me!!). Tried to do a run but my legs felt like bricks this morning....did 5km in 31mins! 

Beer is bad, when you don't deserve it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling