Post TdB Weekdays and Weekends

I thought I had enough of riding and wanted to retire for a while after the tough TdB weekend. Well, guess what, I was out on my saddle again on Wednesday morning. Did the usual 30km on the Z3 on Wednesday, with my DA handbuilts....decent ave of 32+km/h achieved and wasn't pushing much too. A strange phenomenon these past 2-3 weeks was that my HR seems to have gone down. Its getting tougher to hit the 180's these days. I did 2 short 5km runs as well on Tuesday and Friday morning.

As agreed with JM, we went out for a 100km ride on Saturday morning, sporting our new Lezyne Super Drive light. The buggers are bright and cost about half of what CRC is offering online at Gee Hin Chan. The guys there were kind enough to inform me that the stocks have arrived.....apparently this is a new line of products from Lezyne. Impressive lights, and equally impressive build quality as well....I just hope they last! They are rechargeable via USB. 450 lumens of brightness!


JM, as usual, was in his running shoes. We did pretty good speed and achieved about 30.8km/h average after LCK. I decided to slow down the pace and follow his until after Manday. Saying that, we still did quite well....managing to maintain 30+km/h ave at Punggol. I could see he was getting spent already and we slow down the pace. Stopped for kopi at Downtown East and continued home alone for the last 15km, taking it easy. This long ride was supposed to be my 'recovery ride' but I guess I pushed it a bit! Again, HR was kinda low. I was on my Mavic OPs + DA handbuilts....really good wheels and more comfortable compared to the HEDs (I attribute it to the not so supple behaviour of the Continental Gatorskin Tubs!). So I'm really considering selling off the HEDs for good.


I decided on Saturday night that I should really tone down on saddle time and decided to go for a long run. I was toying with the idea of doing 30km or so but I don't think I could do it (yet!) so settled for 21km half marathon distance for Sunday morning. Started out at 5.45am and ran at a leisurely pace about 7mins/km or slightly lower. First leg to Fort Road and back was ok but the stretch from lagoon to the end of ECP (SAFRA) is the most arduous. Upon reaching SAFRA, legs were plenty heavy but strangely, cardio felt just fine. Ave pace there was about 7.04mins/km.....bad. I upped the pace a bit from that point on and managed to complete a shade under 7. Exactly the same pace as my first 21km run....! I really need to work on the running legs, either that or lose PLENTY of weight. Legs feel a bit sore but no pains....so far.

Running is really torturous....in fact, after TdB.....any form of physical activity involving speed and climbing can be terrible for heavy souls like me! The mind must take over during such times!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling