Weekend Rides and The Flipped Stem

Tapered down weekend in terms of rides. On Saturday did a solo 68km (Jalan Buroh and West Hills) and on Sunday, with Ben for just Blangah Hill and Faber via Morse Road (about 40km). Looking forward to some mental rest and physical challenge doing Camerons (up to Equatorial, 1700m gained, some 60km up) followed by a day of massages and food and then the 2011 Ipoh Century on Sunday. Unfortunately I can't stay another day......it will be back to SGP on Sunday night and back to perilous work on Monday.

So far this month, I have done a respectable 350km.

I flipped the stem to raise the handlebar a tad. I think about 2cm max but what a world of difference it made in terms of comfort! The position is good. The bike seems somewhat smoother for some reason AND climbing position is much more comfortable with the 'more upright' position. After all, I was in perpetual Aero position previously!


Well, the stem looks a bit off pointing upwards but its not that bad actually, for sloping top tube geometry. The HED climbs well in this position, and with 130+PSI pressure. At this point I should be ok doing 5-6% slow ascents on my 12-27....mostly will be on 39 x 23 I presume. The 25 and 27 cogs will be the only 2 pain killers for the killer last 8km climb to Equatorial hotel....not too much buffer there!! I can do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling