Post Ipoh Century and Cameron's weekend rides plus Antares review

After last weekend's exploits in Malaysia it was tough to start the engine again! On Saturday did a solo 30km and encountered a puncture. Luckily I had a spare from Ben. Upon getting home, I immediately ordered a pair of gatorskins tubulars. Plus, brand new Las Histrionic to replace my trusty laser helmet. I hope it FITS!

On Sunday managed to arrange a short 60km ride with kl and Felix. Started at 6.30am and ended around 1015am. Slow pace just to loosen the legs bit. No punctures! I must admit that I'm losing confidence fast in tubular tires after my fourth puncture of the year yesterday.

Now the Antares.......first ride on Saturday initially felt not too good. I seem to be slipping despite flat saddle tilt. After fixing the puncture, I tilted the saddle up and after that it felt much better. On Sunday I moved the saddle about a cm forward and it felt even better! The saddle is firm compared to the charge knife. It has a wide flat section and I can really feel my sit bones. It is good as I did not get the usual slight numbness. I think its more to do with the firmness and flatter profile so nothing gets pressed against the nether regions.

Still, I need a couple if rides more to determine if its a keeper. Perhaps a 115km test next week. I wonder if anyone is game?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling