Weekend before JMFR 2011

Did the same 115km route on Saturday. Luckily no dramas. Started out with no pressure, just to be "back by 9am"....actually that is quite a pressure in itself already! This ride had particularly more headwind and neutral conditions that previous rides. Felt ok at Punggol but can feel steadily draining out at Pasir Ris.

At coastal I caught up with a joyrider tri-bike equipped with powertap. He saw me sticking to his wheel and steadily increase his speed to about 40km/h at the straight until he motioned me to pass and I did, but I signal to him stick to my wheel as well. Led at 40-42km/h, slight headwind then he took over again. All in all, pretty decent speedy run at the straight considering I've already gone through 100+km solo.

On this ride, I wore my new Mavic shorts (a bit too large at XL but works ok) and had one new GU Vanilla Bean flavour. The shorts are very good, and Vanilla taste is not bad as well!

Thank goodness, no drama on this ride (no punctures!).


Had a nice ride with Ben finally on Sunday. Its a nice change to have good company on a ride! We did 2-3 loops of Loyang before heading for Siglap for a drink just to catch up a bit.

Next Ride : JMFR 2011 (Janamanjung Friendship Ride)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling