115km Saturday & 76km Sunday + One more puncture

On Saturday, I repeated the same ride from last weekend and hope that this time it won't rain. Well the heavens heard me. It didn't. However, it did not make me any faster....fatigue perhaps or the bad headwinds from Pasir Ris onwards? Anyway, it was tough enough for me just to try to attain >30km/h doing this route solo. At Changi coastal/CV, I cooperated with 2 rather strong malay rider (in Zipp uniform), they were kind enough to allow me to. They were training or some sort I think...going 37-38km/h into direct headwind. Together, we did well in maintaining the speed above 38km/h. I was spent upon reaching home. Luckily this time I did not have a post-cyclocross situation with my bike.

Ah yes guess what? Front tire puncture at ECP! It did not give way but gradually when I felt the front wheel was making some weird noises (later to find out its the rim hitting the road when the tire bottomed out, though it was not completely out of air). I managed to get home safely, no issues. Remounted the rim with my last new tubular tire....such a shame as the one coming off is really 'like new!'. Well, time to try my hand out at tubular repair! (that is another posting)



On Sunday, I did the 80km east west (well more like 76km as I did not go to the 2nd link) on the SS. Took the SS because I've been meaning to hit 30km/h average over similar distances but the lure of the Zee was too big! Started out fine at 6.10am.....NEA website reported showers at Jurong/Clementi area, I thought well, it should clear up by then. Boy, was I wrong. I was hit with super heavy shower not long after ascending West Coast highway....endured till the end of it and settled at a bus stop right before the turning into Clementi road. Waited about 20 minutes and started off again in light rain, actually wanted to do U turn back but decided that things should be better further on. I was right, cloudy skies, manageable traffic along the way. Coming back, headwind hits it was a tiring ride back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling