East - West Rides (80km) and Liverpool triumph over Manure!

Did back to back East - West rides over the weekend. Basically from my home to Raffles Marina/Tuas 2nd Link and back.

On Saturday, I set off alone at 5.15am...and was back home by 8am. Pretty speedy ride and the course is not so undulating and much less traffic lights. Managed a 31.5km/h average for entire ride which is my fastest solo 80km to day. Of course, the course is much more straightforward. Tuas was quite busy even at 6.30am...many trucks running along the roads but thankfully not at high speeds and were quite generous (luckily) in giving amply space between me and them as they passed. Ave HR for the ride was 150bpm.

On Sunday, KL and I went for the same route. Got re-routed into the F1 pit due to the stupid OCBC thingie and we got stuck in there. I was quite fed-up with those guys manning the barricades and stuff....clearly they could let me out of the place and let us be on our way but they were being difficult. I had to throw a bit of a tantrum before they let us pass through. I am so not joining this dumb event forever! We went quite fast from that point on. KL mentioned he has 'upgraded legs' from Bike Rally previous weekend and it shows.

Sunday night......took my SS for a ride to my in-laws to catch the Liverpool vs. Manure. What a match! We basically thrashed them 3-1 with 2-0 up at half time. Luis Suarez and Dirk Kuyt were the goal mouth heroes. Dirk was the ultimate poacher that night and Suarez....looked dangerous everytime he took the ball at the six yard box. The first goal, he beat 4-5 defenders, to slip a pass to Kuyt for a simple tap in.

It was a good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling