Korea Trip and Weekend Rides

Last week was a hectic week. I was in Korea on business for most part of it. Took the red-eye from Singapore to Seoul and then a 1/2 red-eye back. Arrive in SG 2am+ and had to go a full day of work the next day. Thankfully felt really energetic (maybe from all the kimchi and 'heaty' stuff I've been ingesting in Korea) and survived the day with no issues.

Whilst in Korea, I managed to run every morning : standard 5km...with completion target of below 30 minutes.

Over the weekend did 2 rides. On Saturday it was 80km West Loop with KL and Mark. Mark seemed to tire out quite fast. Not quite the Mark I knew but he hasn't done long distances in quite a while actually. On Sunday it was 80km East - West on SS. My target was to achieve 30km/h average from home to home, I think its quite achievable (maybe try it out solo next time). KL looked tired after Jalan Buroh so I modulated my speed and effort to match. Had a very decent average HR for this ride ~140bpm which is low! My Ave HR has dropped quite a fair bit for the same effort compared to a year ago. For some parts of the ride, I was doing (at West Coast Highway) 33-34km/h leading up front at an HR of 130-135bpm which is practically unheard of for myself.

Next weekend I'm back in M'sia so can't cycle. I was contemplating bringing my bike with me but I have 2 kids travelling on the bus with me so....no go....the jogging shoes will have to do. I can't wait to bomb up Cameron's on my own. Hopefully one of these trips back and my sis can do the support work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling