Parlee Z3 - Built and Initial Ride Impressions


I was initially going to build it over 2 or 3 days. Started after the kids went to bed at 9.30am and had everything removed from the Haze, cleaned and mounted on the Parlee by 11pm. I lie down on the bed for awhile and decided..heck..just finish the damn thing. So finished up the cable cutting, alignment, adjustment etc etc by 1am. Was still fiddling with the seat post as even at 4nm, the post was slipping (I used talcum powder, but now I know I can go up to 8nm max).

I was so excited that I went for a short test ride at 5.30am......wow.....this bike is quite light and it felt really nimble and responsive. Most importantly, the ride quality; it is amazing. It really feels like a steel bike (my Colnago & Ciocc have this same feel) when rolling. Its not 'dead' or 'muted' at all. Its comfortable too, yet responsive (I guess stiff where it matters). The handling is pretty sharp and instantaneous (some may call it twitchy!). Not sure if it'll help me in faster speeds or climb any better but its looking really positive.

I have high hopes for the CF bike and from the first ride, I think its there....and more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling