No cycling for past weekend .... and others

Damn...the LBS actually ordered a wrong length spoke and more delay to the wheel yet again. Was hoping to ride at least on a Sunday but was told that he ordered the wrong length and could not true the wheel properly. Though he wanted to rush it for Monday, I told him to take his time cos anyway I'll be out of the country till Friday......

Yes may pall in the Alu Pina reported back that he loved the ride of the Cannondale CAAD4 road bike...and claims that its better than the Pina that he has. Well, I've not ridden his Pina before so I won't know. All I know is that my last bike, which was a GT 7000 series butted alu frame was damn stiff and uncomfortable for me...but it was fast and really light. I daresay the frame is even lighter that the titanium frame a friend of mine has. This affirms the claims that the claim 'steel is real' is irrelelvant and that whether it be Alu or Titanium, bikes can be built to have great ride qualities akin of steel but the built and geometry of course have to differ a little from the traditional steel geometries and design. All that being said...I guess its the intangible feeling that you get with an old steel frame that cannot be judged or quantified and thus where claims like 'steel is real' was born. Its like driving an old 69' Fastback Mustang.

The Ti guy has upgraded his components under my nose. Now he has a complete used Ultegra SL gruppo on his China Ti bike. Lets see how much better it is compared to his previous Ultegra 9-Spd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling