80km Ride (West Loop) Achieved!!!

Did a wonderful ride with Mr.Ti-bike today. The route as mapped below...


Started off from my place at Marine Parade and met up with Mr.Ti at Lor Chuan...he is familar with the Kranji-Neo Tiew area so was essential for this ride. I started out at 5am....met him at 5.30am (yup I got a bit lost along the way). The morning was cool and nice....highlights of the ride include the uphill-downhill ride around Upper Thomson Road hills. And man, cycling around Kranji/Neo Tiew at the break of sunlight was AMAZING....I didn't think such places still existed in Singapore. It looked as if I was cycling in some Malaysian farmland. Lim Chu Kang road was closed for some Army exercise so we went along Old LCK road instead and what a nice road it is compared to the huge run-way new road.

From then on, it was Jalan Bahar (NTU) and straight south to Jurong Island (Jalan Buroh). Mr.Ti suggested prata at Fong Seng area near NUS...good idea since we were both pretty much 'pancit' by then and needed a short break. No problems moving off after that 2 kosong and Kopi Ais. From then on it was alaong Tanjung Blangah road (pass Vivo), Shenton Way and Nicole Highway..here are pic of us in front of the Durians...



That's me in the blue t-shirt which i slept in earlier.....yes, I do not have a proper cycling jersey yet. We parted ways at the end of Nicoll Highway and I got home soon after. Clocked 79.38km on the odo. 24km/h average speed (weird that Bikely.com gave me 81.4km for the same route....thats a 2km error on my odo??). Its quite slow but we really enjoyed the morning ride man....all in all we took a about 4 hrs, with 3hrs 19mins riding time. What a workout! We are ready for Desaru!

The terrain was undulating....think Changi Prison is bad? well...I just lost count of the hills over the 80km.

Fantastic.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling