Finally, a good weathered weekend!

Ah, after a 2 week hiatus - partly due to the slow broken spoke replacement and the shitty weather we've been getting here, I got to do my usual routes this weekend.

First on the spokes....bugger was slow in replacing just one spoke. It was scheduled to be ready in a few days but he ordered the wrong spokes....and when he did order the right spokes, it took him almost a week. Kind doubt his words now.....if its a simple job, he should definitely do it fast.

Anyway, I told him to mount tires as well; GP4000 to be exact. My mistake cos he mounted the 20c version (he did not have any 23c) and I did not indicate to him the size I wanted but on hindsight, he should ask right?? well. I'm gonna try to avoid going back to him from now on...that's for sure.

I bought a pair of GP4000s tyres...an upgraded version of the GP4000. Cost me about SGD78 per tyre (when most LBS listed it as SGD94)...well....to be honest, tires feel very good and is grippy. Its a well reviewed tire and for that kind of price, it better be! I hope it lasts me a long long time.



Saturday ride with the Ti bike was good. My pal upgraded to SL components...wow, really looks good. I was especially impressend with the Ultegra SL crank with Dura-Ace chainrings. I tried it out and it does shift much smoother than the previous 9-speed that he had (well, it shifts like mine now). I felt I could sprint really fast on that bike....no surprises cos it is a whole lot lighter than my Saronni!

For Sunday, I changed my cleat position more to the rear (towards the arch) and a bit out (so that the show will not rub against the crank). I also raised the saddle height a little and tilted my handles so that the shifters are higher. Result : I was more tired on this ride compared to previous rides! I find it difficult to even keep to 30km/h and now I have weird aches in places I never knew had muscles in them.

I strongly suspect its the cleats, so moved them back to the more 'neutral position'.....I rather prefer to let my calf do a bit of work when cycling..used to doing the 'springing' motion with my feet and having the cleats closer to the arch do not allow me to do that.

Also, I lowered the shifter a tad...it felt more like the Ti bike with ergo bars but I think I still prefer the old skool setup. Well, hope I got it right this time!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling