Upgrade plans...

Well, in the weeks that I was recuperating from the knee strain, I've been doing a lot of thinking about getting a pair of lasting wheels. I bought a pair of Ultegra hubs and have been soliciting with The Rebound Centre on making a pair with DT Swiss Double-Butted spokes and Mavic Open Pro Rims. Apparently indestructible, well at least given my non-racing state of cycling anyway. However, this I plan to complete in a month or two. No rush, given the R540s seem to be holding up quite well on my short training routes.

The other thing that kept playing on my mind is a single-speed/fixed-gear setup....sounds yummy. I have most of the parts to do it. I have the Sante stuff and 105 brakes etc, I can get the crack on the GT welded, and even re-use the Montreal Tubular Wheels....The only major thing in pursuit of this is getting the rear Montreal wheel laced with a flip-flop hub (single speed on one side and fixed gear on the other).

I'm guessing this new setup bike can be very light, maybe even close to 6kg....and quite speedy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

Desaru Loop on Fixed Gear Power!