Weekend R & R (Run and Ride)

A tremendously long weekend this week with the Singapore National Day on Tuesday and with my employers imposing forced leave on Monday. I need the mental rest anyway.

So I have been actually avoiding my Parlee due to its disfugured handlebar. I needed to ride it so on Friday night, I swapped out the bent Oval for the Easton which I have in store (I did not like it due to its very deep drop and anatomic bend). Put on some new handlebar tape as well and the result looked sharp (see below!). Also had the Gatorskins mounted. I'm glad I have the dreaded puncture-prone Evos out, now as a spare.


Had a short ride with Ben on Saturday after my 5km run. I feel SLOW, both on my jogging shoes and my bike. The Gatorskins felt less 'supple' I guess. After all, it is 50g heavier per tire for the 22c version (!) but it looks the same size as the Evos which are 23c's. Vittoria is over specifying their sizes, that's for sure. I don't immediately feel any difference in nimbleness.

On Sunday, I did the 80km west loop alone....on this ride, I managed to hit 30km/h average after LCK (thanks to a really fast group which caught up with me at Neo Tiew) but when I had to go alone from Jalan Bahar onwards, I was hampered by winds all the way back. I did a push at the West Coast viaduct but that did not help. I don't blame the tubs. Its me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling