Markets crash.......uncertainties looming.......negativity growing. 2012 - end of the world. More like end of the economic world I think.

Ok, back to bikes. As usual, in my attempt to escape reality, I put 30mins of focus onto my handlebar setup. It looked horrible with the EA70 tilted too much to get the ''flat to the hoods" look. This bar is simply not made for that. Well, I tilted it back to a more neutral position and moved my shifters up a tad. Looks much better.

Holiday today and no kakis to ride with so decided to do the ECP-Siglap speed challenge. Although I failed to beat my PR of 32+km/h average speed (under one hour from underpass to Siglap kopitiam), I only exceeded by 21 seconds. It was surprising for me actually as I AM putting on some weight and am not as motivated as before. 31.8km/h average I guess is still pretty respectable and I will only aim to do it faster.

Gary introduced us to Strava.com, a GarminConnect-like but way cooler in features but not cool that one has to pay for it. I'm using it at the moment just for fun but I will likely shift back to GC as I think they can only improve on what they have at the moment. A nifty feature is to have power estimation like in Sportracks and what will make it even way cooler than Strava will be that it can also get the weather conditions in the ride area to estimate the power (like in Sportracks).

Here's the ride embed-ment ala Strava:



Here's the ride from this morning! Almost broke 55mins but failed! Average speed was 32.2km/h upon reaching u-turn point. Had cooperative effort with a stranger at straight road one way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling