Running and The Search for a new Maid!

Been running a lot lately since the maid is not around (more convenient, just slip on the shoes and go!) I need to be at home early....bike rides > 2 hrs is a no-no at the moment. I will only afford one 2hr ride on one of the weekends until this is resolved.

On to running.....I've been doing 5km and 10km recently. I first broke the 30mins barrier earlier this month for 5km and since then have been consistently doing ~27-28mins for the same distance. My ultimate goal running for next year is to be able to complete 10km under an hour...I think this can be achieved. Ryo told me that he completed that in 55mins! I ran with him the other day and I only managed 1hr 3mins....I was beat just trying to keep up with his lower pace! Anyway, I figured I should do a 10km run over the weekend and another 5km run over the weekday, every week.

Another 2 days will be solely dedicated to cycling. Something like this (until the maid issue is resolved). My main goal is to lose weight. All other goals are meant to help me achieve this.

Mon : REST
Tues : 5am CYCLE (30-35km, 1hr+)
Wed : REST
Thurs : 5.45am RUN (>5km, ~30mins)
Friday : REST
Saturday : 5.30am CYCLE (50-60km, 2hrs)
Sunday : 6am RUN (10km, ~1hr)

Since running is pretty convenient, depending on how I feel physically I might change a couple of REST days to 5km RUN days.

Now back to the MAID SITUATION. Well, she's not coming back. Apparently she got into trouble with her hubby. The husband apparently burned her passport disallowing her to return to Singapore as she allegedly has a boyfriend here. I also received SMS from her daughter (claim to be anyway) pleading to us not the let her go back to Singapore and this will 'break up the family'. Well, our maid initially lied that her passport was stolen in a snatch thief scenario but in a later call relented that her husband burned her passport.

Although we are not 100% certain which is the true story, we conclude that either they really have family crisis right now that needs to be resolved (and we can't wait another month for her in this case, no way and we do not want a someone with family issues in a far away land working for us either) OR this is some heavily cooked up act when she really by her own accord do not want to return to Singapore. Either way, we don't really care. We told her to stay home and not to return to work for us.

Gonna be a hectic month or so as we await new of new maids etc etc. SIGH (big one)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling