Was sick and then maid went on home leave and then the Phuket trip....

What a past 2 weeks it was...I fell sick with fever about 2 weeks ago, that wasn't bad but the super sore throat that followed nearly ruined my holidays. Maid went on home leave since last week so I had the whole week off from work where I went for my Phuket trip with my wife, 2 sons and an infant daughter. The antibiotics did the trip and I was on my way tom yum heaven upon taking the flight to Phuket.

We never had to take care of 3 kids without the maid so it was pretty challenging at first but then I realize if one hangs loose a bit....things kinda fall into place by themselves so stop being uptight! Only drawback was that I lost my cycling and running time. The kids wake up really early while my wife is not an early riser so I have entertain them when the wake up between 6-7am. Only managed a ride in the last 10 days I think! Well, its only a week more before the maid is back so, that will get back into full swing pretty soon....besides I think I need to take a break from cycling cos is just so damn boring in Singapore.

Phuket was nice as usual. The new resort was still 'in the works' when we arrive, plenty touching up and constructing still going on. Thankfully all pools were operational and I think they gave me a better room that I initially paid for. It was a room with attached pool and jacuzzi (yup, the jacuzzi worked for a while and we got tired of getting someone to fix it). The first day was kinda disappointing....the toilets lights we not working, the bathtub did not drain, and they had water supply problems. To their credit, they did their best and even wrote an apology letter to us. On the final night, they organized a cocktail and buffet dinner FOC for all the hotel guests as part of making up for the construction work and mountain of problems that still needs to be sorted out.

The pools were great....the lazy river was my kids fav...and the slides were quite good too. All in all we were disappointed with the facilities and the direct access to the beach is a definite plus. As usual, I was all too sad to leave. Always a sad affair...leaving anywhere in Thailand!

Ok, its time to set some goals for next year and I will include some 'running' as well just to reduce the singapore-cycling mundane-ness I've been having this year. Actually, the boredom set in after TOP!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling