Sucky Weather and Single Speed

So the season of rain is upon us and its giving my Parlee a hell of a wet time. Well, basically it rained or drizzled everytime I took it out for a ride. Did some pretty tough rides with Ryo....last week we pushed an interval on Thursday morning and on Friday (Deepavali), we went on a 70km ride, also pushed at Mandai but otherwise rather relaxing ride.

We explored Old Upper Thomson Road area. There were a couple of short slopes with gradients hitting 10% so it was quite fun riding on those roads (which do not have street lights btw). The Parlee really seem to climb quite well and feel very good standing up on the climbs. I think perhaps the power transfer is very good compared to the steel bike...

Had a 6km run on Saturday and it was refreshing, and it rained then also. Weather is shit and while rain don't bother me much, the wet roads do.

I swapped the SS stem with a shorter 100mm one making the setup pretty similar to the Parlee but about 1cm lower on the handlebars. Well, this looks much better and I think it will feel pretty ok too, in a racy sort of way. I plan to take fixed out at least once a week.

Gotta spend some time in the next 2 months getting rid of the additional parts and frames that I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling