Off Blog - I got KINECTed!

We were just thinking of what to have for dinner yesterday and my wife chanced upon an add for Microsoft's KINECT road show at Plaza Singapura. 'Just to have look' turned out to be a buy decision within few minutes. It was SGD229 for the KINECT unit + 1 game. Wife bought another 2 games (Joyride and Dance Central).

Setting up was easy enough, lots of easy to follow instruction on-screen as the unit calibrates etc etc. My kids loved it....though Josh was still a little small for it, he loved it as well, mimicking Keith as they jumped and leaned for the Kinect Adventures game. I slugged it out with my wife on Dance Central which was very very cool and fun. The camera sensing it not perfect IMO (hopefully yet) but holds lots of promise. Its not as accurate as I would like it to be but an Engineer, I'm just fussing about it.....make no mistake...I'm impressed and remain very positive what this little tech can do in the very near future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling