Off Blog - Android Phone

So I just got myself a spanking new HTC Desire last week and am really diggin' it. While I'm not a real fan of Google but choosing between an Iphone and an Android phone was getting to choose between the lesser evil. Right now, apple is the evil empire, in my books anyway! Google, well let's see if their plan for total world domination will ever come to fruition (I believe it will, its just a matter of time).

The phone comes equipped with Android 2.1 (2.2 has been release in EU so I'm eagerly anticipating its release to APAC). Looks and feels good so far. The screen looks vibrant but not quite as sharp and bright as the Apple Iphone 4's so called 'Retina' display.

Ok, battery life sucks (I hope this will improve in the coming days and with 2.2) but not really a problem for me since I'm mostly desk-bound these days and a charger is always somewhere to be found. Build quality is good....but the Iphone really has much better build that one can 'feel' in the hand. OS4 also looks to be awesome with the new mail structure plus other nifty features but seriously, a lot of em, Android already offered from its first version released.

I really like HTC's Sense UI....its pretty intuitive and IMO get to where I want faster compared to OS4. The scroll is not quite as smooth and impressive as Apple but therein lies the problem with Apple.......they spend so much time perfecting the movement and the interface and all other factors that laymen will 'wow' at that I have this nagging feeling that they aren't spending much time on anything else.

Android at this point is far from being drawing 'wow's from the laymen crowd (which is by the way 99.99% of phone users) but I really appreciate the fact that it has more natural, unrestricted, freehand growth. Again, beware....the 'openness' of Google does not hide the fact of its grand ambition of TWD. Cloud computing is here to stay and the big G will ensure that's our coming way of life. Google - Quietly, but surely. Apple - Loud.

And there is this funny thing about the Iphone.....I'm one of those who remembered the Mac ad which had the 1984 theme in it (big brother is watching you!). I can't help to see how Apple has grown and progressed that ad just isn't suitable anymore for them! They are in a way, the big brother these days.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling