Saturday Ride

It rained on the previous day so on Good Friday morning, the roads we quite wet. I met up with Mr.Alu and went on to Bedok Jetty carpark to meet up with the rest. Sadly only Mr.Look came while the other 2 guys did not turn up.

We continued on with the standard route and managed to hook up with a fast group (bearing ZIPP jerseys) and we did average of 37km/h over the entire Changi Coast Road stretch. Their leader, on a Ti bike looked the business and led most of the way. Alu tried to break one time and I followed but we decided to slow down (I did not think we can lead for long anyway at that kind of speed!) and drafted them all the way to Changi Prison hills....over there on the first hill, I broke off on the up slope and dropped them all. Obviously I killed myself on that one and went easy on the 2nd slope...thats when Alu passed me with the ZIPP leader close behind him. Soon after Mr.Look passed me and I followed him close. The rest were way behind.

Was a good and nice exercise and too bad we did not get a chance to thank the ZIPP group for their help in letting us draft them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling