50+km Ride : Shorter Alternative

Did a 50km ride on Sunday with Mr.Ti (usual meetup at Lor Chuan, so its 50km from Marine Crescent and back, distance between Marine Crescent and Lor Chuan is about 9km). Started off from Marine Crescent @ 6.30am, yet again the Mr. Pina Alu was nowhere to be found despite arrangements....shot down with a flu. I'd prefer very much a slightly earlier start time due to traffic.

Amazing...at 6.30am and Still Road - Eunos Link had quite a lot of traffic and I keep getting stopped at the lights so it was not a smooth 9km to Lor Chuan. Legs were still asleep too! So the first 10km I was labouring a bit.

Ok, the ride is basically the 80km one cut short. We make a turn into Mandai Zoo along Mandai Road. There's a short 1.5km up and down which was surprisingly tough (didn't look it at first) which got me short breathed at the end...oh well, I hammered it and I am a smoker so I'm disadvantaged to begin with.

Regarding heart rate, the past 2 rides (incl. this one) seems normal. Max of 175 with an average between 150-160 which is good. On the first 80km ride i did, it peaked to 231 which got me freaked out cos I did not realize it....and its close to being if not already, a heart attack. I felt fine though. Apparently, the readings go bonkers a little if the strap is not tight enough or there are some interference (power lines etc...jammers? since we were in the military infested area of LCK). Oh well, will monitor. HRM and cadence is great tool for cycling. On this particular ride ave cadence was 94 and max was 128.

Here's the route if anyone's interested. Bikely site rocks!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling