Weekday Intervals with Ryo

Ah...finally someone to do intervals with. I got a taste of what its like....its harder when there is someone to tail or pushing you from behind. On Tuesday, we started at 530am and did intervals at the coastal road.....10 intervals....30s 90%+ effort and 90s rest interval. Managed to keep up with Ryo for most part and was able to pass him a couple of times too just make it more fun. The guy is strong and determined! I was on my Colnago.

This morning (Thurs), we went for my usual Parbury 10 loops....guess what, its my worse timing for 10 loops...41mins (today, fixed) vs 39mins (last week, Colnago + 5kg Carradice) vs 37mins (2 weeks ago, fixed). Has quitting smoking reduced my performance??? Well, maybe I didn't get too much sleep past few days or just been eating too much!

Upon further investigation, the sprint up was fine and actually faster than ever....however, the rest periods were about 30s longer than previous rides, hence contributing to the longer timing. I should try to keep the rest periods under 3 minutes....maybe between 2.5 - 3 minutes max. Ultimate target will be to complete a loop in 3 mins....meaning 30 mins for 10 loops....not impossible target for this year actually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling