Clipless Fixed Gear

I got myself a pair of Outland Keo Compatible Road Pedals from RutlandCycling in UK. These are the only ones I found that has wrench flats! I need this as the Sante crank on the fixed gear does not have a through hole on the 9/16" pedal mounting to allow use of an allen wrench. At SGD70 shipped, I did not hesitate much on it since the lowest end Keo Pedals (which are molded plastic, these are forged aluminium) already command almost SGD90 at the LBS here.

First impressions, looks to be quite well finished. Chromoly spindle. Weighs 326g (pedals only) and comes with Red Cleats (6 degrees float). Here are some pics.




UPDATE : Tried it out this morning for a short 20km ride. Definitely feels more planted on the pedals compared to clips. Hence more reassuring, especially when standing up and pedal!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling