Weekday Morning rides.....

Got some time in the morning this week due to the fact that I do not need to leave home earlier (school holidays!). So actually 2 days of morning rides, kicking off at about 6.15am and back about 7-ish.

No biggie, just a 20km ride on the fixed machine, in my sleeping attire.

Start off from Macs and via the park, go all the way to the end of the park then make a u-turn and make my way along the same path to Big Splash then back to Macs. A good 20-21km in a little over 40 minutes.

Today was interesting, started off as usual at right about the Chalet area before the seafood centre, a roadie passed me at quite a high speed. I can't resist (as usual) and gave chase. He was doing a good ave of 33km/h up to the food centre but upon realizing I was on his tail, he upped the ante, going up to 35-36km/h at the park! No problems for me, still haven't hit LT yet so I continued to stick to him, at a safe 1-2 bikes distance of course.

Then we hit the straight service road at the sailing club, he tried to break off going 38km/h, but there I was, still behind him. I really did not want to overtake (no energy to sustain plus I must give him the respect he deserves for pulling me at that speed) so about halfway through the straight road, I pulled next to him, pushed a bit faster to see if he would follow but he wasn't interested. Did this a couple of times until we reached the park path again and I hanged back. Within seconds he was out of sight.

That was good bout I must say, thanks to him! Think he's a strong rider.

PS : I just had to pull next to him, so that he can get a good look at the fixed machine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling