First Fixed Ride!

Went for a quick 40min ride around ECP this morning. The first thing I had to do an the fixed was to get both feet onto the toe-clip pedals. I laughed. I couldn't do it easily! After about a minute of figuring out the best way to do this, I got it in.

The bike was surprisingly very comfortable on the hoods and drops despite the aggressive handlebar height. Pedaling motion is smooth and feels really good. Did not really use the brakes much as I did not cycle very fast (ave maybe 25km/h) and gave myself time to slow down when coming into turns and traffic lights. Slowing down is quite easy too, just continue spinning or to slow down faster, put some resistance to the pedals.

Also, dropped the dang cadence sensor magnet which was attached to the crank. Shit.

I can't really explain the experience though, its kinda weird but very relaxed and comfortable. The thought (or the lack of it) of not having gears is really liberating somehow.....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling