Chinese New Year is ....

......very boring! I don't understand the hype surrounding it and never will. However, I can't complain cos it means 4 days of holidays!

So this morning (CNY 1st Day), I got up at 7+am, thinking whether I should do a short jog or take my fixed out. Decision was a now brainer actually......fixed la! Just did short ride at ECP, without all the gadgetry and road gear; Just me in my sleeping gear and my old adidas shoe. The feeling of cruising around the park in the morning sun and sea breeze was wonderful...

Did have to adjust my saddle tilt and height after previous day's ride experience with KL, pushed saddle about a cm toward the handlebar and up about another cm or so. Feels sweet.

I'm astonished that getting onto the toe straps is no longer a biggie. I can normally (statistically correct) strap in within the 2nd or 3rd turn. Still far from being an expert but the phobia of struggling and fumbling to get in is long gone! I'm really enjoying riding fixed. The simplicity of it all is very appealing to me....so what happens to my Colnago Roadie?? Well, It'll get the same workout as before but perhaps a little less frequent, reserved for those 'fast days', longer rides and Faber-looping.

Also I got a new seatpost from Planet X online store for a mere 22pounds shipped. Very nice looking alloy seatpost from PRO (Subsidiary of Shimano, thank goodness) allows me to put the seat higher compared to the 600 Aero post. Looks like the 600 post has gotta wait in the parts bin for a while.

Couple of days back I got my hand dirty fitting in the seals for the Dura Ace Track hubs on the fixed. Quite a tricky procedure but nothing too serious that time and practice cannot fix. Gotta get me a set of cone wrenches!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling