The Jackal is Back

So you've been wondering what's up with the long hiatus? Has the Jackal lost interest in cycling? well, not so! Truth is, since that last post of the nice Piu pic, much has happened!

I've so far clocked at least 5000km on the Piu since I got it. Milestones since the last post.

- Our third Child Kes was born in October
- Things at work just got busier and more hectic forcing me to put more and more hours into it (ok I hardly consider this a milestone, but just to justify a little my lack of time expenditure for this blog)

Back to cycling proper...

- I went for the Salvation Army organized Bike and Blade charity event in September where we had to do a double century (To Mersing and Back)
- Managed to hit a 35+km/h average over 36km with Mark on his Look
- Managed to hit 40km/h average over 6km with Mark and Ben
- Ben got his spanky new CIOCC, while I got a new toy in the form of a really freaking expensive HRM with GPS (Edge 705)
- I realized that going 3 round ECP-Coastal-Xilin gives me 80km mileage and some hills to train on
- For the first time, our little group (Mark, Gary, Ben, BP, KL and me) did Desaru loop together!
- Our friends Mark, Gary, BP completed the IPOH CENTURY ride in June (I think!)
- Mark is the first of us to join a UCI event in Tour of Bintan 2009 (nuts!)
- I started obsessing about hills and hence been going to Mt. Faber a lot
- I completed 11 loops of Mt.Faber (9 non-stop!) last Saturday (12/12/2009)
- Lots and lots of fun cycling time but too many to remember or list

I will try to fill in those above with some details in further posts...well, better late than never!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling