Sat 30km Speed Challenge and Solo 80km on Sunday

Motivated by the achievement by Mr.Carbon and Mr.Doper (Alu), Pina and me did the 30km, determined to get it done below 1hr. And we did just that. This time we timed it as we entered the straight section of Changi Coast Road after exiting ECP. Did 2 rounds of the straight stretch (24km) and then continued on towards ECP until the Food Centre (6km). Initially Mr.Ti joined us but dropped off half way during the first straight stretch...Pina and myself had to do it by ourselves. We changed leaders every 2km, as indicated by my Polar.



As you can see from my Polar capture (I set Autolap for 2km), we averaged pretty well! All the 2km laps were completed in less than 4 mins...indicating faster than 30km/h. Also did a manual plot of the journey using excel....



Heart-rate was crazy high....basically averaged close to 180bpm!!! Thighs were really tired after the 30km...Mr.Pina even had little cramps on his thighs! Still, a good effort.

Sunday.....I lacked sleep but still went on.....at 5.30am left Marine Crescent on my own (Mr.Pina still had doubts over his thighs so SMSed me to go ahead without him). Upon reaching usual meeting point at Lor.Chuan for Mr.Ti, he called and told me he can't make it as well.....oh damn.....so went on alone for the 80km ride.

I think I went pretty fast as from Lor Chuan to Marine Crescent, I averaged about 27.5km/h. On the way I dropped quite a few small groups including a large on that just set off at Jalan Bahar. There were 2 caucasians on Cervelos that I could not quite keep up with after they overtook me at Jalan Buroh. Along West Coast Highway, tiredness has begun to creep in!! I forgot by usual Mandai Banana treat!

Did quite well, IMHO. Home to home from 5.40am to 9.10am. This included 10min waiting time at Lor Chuan, 15min rest + smoke at halfway point (Bangla Quarters @ LCK) + 20min rest at usual Geylang coffee shop....which gives an effective ride time of slightly over 3hrs which is quite fast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling