Usual 80km Loop (Sat) and 30km Loop (Sun)

Finally the Alu Pina joined Mr.Ti and myself on this one. Started off at 5.30am from the East. We made good speed up till 40km where we averaged 27.8km/h. Mr.Pina is a fast rider so its good to have him lead the way. However, Mr.Ti got some knee problems along the way and later pulled a hamstring...we went slowly from Jalan Buroh onwards.

The entire ride took 4hrs and I think we had at least 45 mins of rest time in between which is not good! Anyway overall good ride but Saturday ride is not as pleasant as traffic build up starts early from 7am onwards.

On Sunday, I went alone on my usual ECP - Changi Coast Road loop. Started off early at 6.50am cos needed to be back by 8am. Took a while to warm up as I went along ECP service road at only 26-28km/h. Upon reaching Changi Coast Road I tried to push myself but the headwind was quite strong! I started out with 32km/h but slowly and surely reduced to 28-30km/h until the end where I usually u-turned. After the u-turn, the wind was behind me and I managed to hit average of 34-35km/h with the same effort! I passed a group of Carbon Tri-Bikes (3 guys), who were going very slow initially but they actually caught up to me when I was doing about 34km/h after 1/2 way down the straight.....at that time I was quite tired and my speed was slowly reducing so as they passed me, I drafted them at 37km/h.

I of course, made sure I kept at least 1-2 tire length away from the rider in front. I hope he was not too irritated! the rider in front kept looking back to check on me....perhaps a little bit surprised how this heavy steel bike can keep up with them? At one point, they speed up, perhaps to try to shake me off but it was easy to draft them even as they increased to 40km/h. As we reached the end of the straight, they did a u-turn and I thanked the rider up-front for the draft and I think he acknowledged. Hope I did not ruin his day or something! Really appreciate the 'lift'.

Anyway did my fastest 30km ever....completed in 1hr 1min 18secs with an average speed of 29.2 km/h.

On the newly re-built wheels, they felt more stiff than before and more re-assuring. The ever slight increase in weight was not a factor at all. However, on sunday I went through a hefty bump esps on my rears and they are now slightly out of true. I checked (maybe 3-4 inches drop!!) for cracked eyelets and vertical true-ness both seems ok. Only the lateral true is out but not much...only about 0.5mm therabout (need to tighten the drive side a little).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling