80km + Mt. Faber

Finally, we decided to take a slight detour close to the end of our usual 80km route! We went up Mt. Faber via Morse Road. It was tough.....but not quite as tough as the build up stories that we heard so far! The toughest part is getting from Morse Road to the 'loop'. Its long up-slope that require some planning and lots of spinning in the beginning. At the loop itself, its a short but very steep slope all the way to the summit. I really can't spin anymore on my 25T cog!

I guess my formula is simple, as far possible, spin with high cadence and only resort to standing and power pedaling when its absolutely required, and that's normally close to the top....if I did otherwise, I would not have reached the summit as all the power pedaling would have sapped my leg strength!

Here's some pics @ the peak. Come on, Mt. Faber is hardly a mountain.....its hill!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling