The Target for 2008 : Desaru

I did this route before (maybe about 10 years ago!) on a heavy mountain bike. We made it (me and Basil) but me with some battle scars on the butt. Fairly clear roads but as I recall with some mean uphills along the way....

Anyway, I'm hoping to do this trip again with the Saronni and hopefully a couple of friends as well. I figured it would be quite relaxing and should be in time for check-in at the hotel in Desaru (I'm thinking Pulai Desaru Beach Resort, prob the best hotel there anyway) and enjoy and ice-cold beer with our bikes safely stowed (12pm-1pm).


ECP Macs to Changi Village (~20km)




Pengerang to Desaru (~50km)


I've even a short itinerary in mind....

7am - leave ECP Macs
7.45am - Arrive Changi Village (Light Breakfast)
8.30am - Take Bum Boat to Pengerang
9.30am - Leave from Pengerang Ferry Terminal
12pm - Arrive at Desaru hotel

All this at an leisurely average pace of 25km/h. For the trip back. Same thing.

8am - Breakfast at Hotel
9.30am - Checkout from Hotel and start Cycling!
11.30am - Pengerang for Seafood Lunch, Beer, Relax
1.30pm - Pengerang Ferry Terminal
2.30pm - Arrive Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
3.30pm - Reach ECP Macs

The idea is to get our families to drive into Desaru by themselves via the JB way. If they leave around 8-9am, they should be just in time as our cycling group arrives Desaru.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling