New Toy : Omron Boy Composition Monitor

This is the most expensive weighing machine I've ever bought. Of course, its much more than just that.

This little fella measures/estimates body fat %, muscle %, visceral fat index, resting metabolism and even gives an estimate of 'body age'. The measurements are pretty repeatable as well; tried a couple of times and the measurements were about there.

In brief, I have 19.5% body fat, 38.3% skeletal muscle and visceral far index of 7. All are pretty normal I guess. The visceral fat index is basically telling me how much internal organ fat I have and an index of < 9 is normal. The concerning thing was that it gave me a 'body age' of 48! arrrgh.

Had quite a bit of fun letting some people try it our in the office.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling