Done with Barefootin', Longer Rides over the weekend

Did a quick 5km run on Friday morning last week barefoot. Big mistake. Blister on right foot broke 3km on and had to run with a broken bloody blister for 2km....while it hurt not too bad while running, post running it was bad! Even then, timing was ok. So what happened later on that day was that I went out with my wife to Parkway and she got me to buy are 'barefoot shoe'.

That's all the rage these days but I never subscribed to the term 'barefoot shoe'! You either run with out without shoes, that's it! So I got myself a pair of Puma H-Streets and what I would aptly term as minimalist running shoes. They are plenty light, very flexible and light padding for the soles. Can't wait to try them out (right foot still in the healing process).

when the jackal can't run, he rides.

Had a 100km ride with KL on Saturday, good speed averaging 30.5km/h for the route with only one short gel-stop. I must say KL looks strong these days and such a waste that he is not participating in TdB as I think he can do decent in it! He attributed this new found strength to his newly acquired Arundel Carbon Bottle Cages....NOT. We stopped at Siglap kopitiam and saw the bunch of PC guys arriving. Gary and BP was with the group as well and for the first time I laid my eyes upon that Beautiful Marcelo and the Menacing Venge, very high end, very nice. you know, the stuff that exists in my dreams.


Sunday, went for an 80km ride with Jee Ming (recently back to cycling after years of hiatus), Felix and KL. Decent pace of 27km/h for the route with a detour due to the Safra Bay Run....had to detour from Shenton Way into Chinatown before getting back into Nicoll via Orchard road....scratched my rims on a dumb motorbike. #@$#@$


So all in all, a very nice weekend indeed. It was my 39th birthday as well so had plenty to eat and good to spend time with the family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling