Post BnB 2010...

Seems like everything in cycling has gone meaningless all of a sudden....after months of preparation for TOP and then BnB, suddenly nothing is on the horizon!

Well, to fill that void, I aim to use my time and energy to help/accompany buddies who are going for the Tour of Bintan next month (Ryo & Mark). I've done quite a few crazy early rides last week on Tues, Thurs and Friday, about an hour each covering pretty high speeds for 30-35km. This weekend hopefully will get to do the 115km with Mark. So it should be short distance higher speed runs (>30km/h) twice on weekdays with Ryo and one long distance endurance ride during the weekends with Ryo & Mark.

I'm kinda liking my SS A LOT. The Colnago just do not feel as good as the SS....I'm not quite sure why but likely its to do with the setup. To try to solve the mystery, I've gotten the same stem from Velosolo that I'm using for the SS....should be arriving sometime soon. The 120mm 90 degree stem should in principle allow me to have a slightly higher hand position (for comfort), about 10-15cm extension forward....allowing me to shift my saddle 10-15cm up front (my saddle is WAY back!).

I guess the only reason why its way back is because I started training on Faber ahead of TOP and just found that its the best position for pure climbing. Now that is done, getting the saddle a bit up front allows me to get maintain better speed somewhat using the big glutes on the legs. That's what I'm experiencing from the SS, I just feel I can go faster on that thing but of course I'm limited also by the gearing.

I'm also riding more on the drops these days, thanks to the short drop on the Colnago and the higher stem on the SS. I can be on the drops for 80% of the time doing the 30km thing with not real comfort issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling