Weekday Rides & Colnago + Other updates!

Back from 2 days MC.

After the ride with Ryo on Tuesday, some pain increased again on the left rib area (was just a short 12km on straight coastal, doing average speeds of between 35-39km/h). Decided that since its been over 2 weeks and the pain seems to be persisting (although it has somewhat reduced), there seems to be a slight uprise in the pain....especially when trying to get up from a lying down position. Got and X-Ray done and the Doc gave me an assortment of pain killers (which I did not touch, yet) and some medical ointment.

On Thursday, went with Ryo for 10 x Parbury loops. I was not too keen as I knew sprinting up those hills will require me to use some upper body strength; hence straining my chest a little....I was right, although I basically burned out my thighs by the 4th round, I felt a little bit more difficulty in breathing towards the end. As a result I got dropped when Ryo led on 2 occasions (by the way displayed his strength, despite being over 2 weeks off the bike!). The pain and strain became more apparent for the day and even now. Gotta hold out on those climbing drills for a while. Seriously, after TOP, I think I deserve it.

So here's the ride post TOP. New handlebar tape cos I screwed the Cinelli one up when I fell at Fraser's Hill. Most notably, is the new BBB Seatpost and DA7800/Mavic OP/CX-Ray build. Always thought that silver rims are best suited for bikes of this vintage!



My Rydons arrived as well, yesterday. Very fast shipping from Evans, considering I ordered last Saturday! Yet again, Evans have shipped items separately.....the Shimano R220 shoes from the same order did not arrive in this shipment.

The Rydons looked to be of better build quality that the Jawbone, at least in my perception. The nose piece is very adjustable. I find it pressing a little bit too much at the temples but nothing serious and I think its perhaps better to have some grip there....can't wait to try it out on Saturday...wearing it from darkness to light and see how well the 'photochromic' lens work!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tecnotrat 'Saronni' and 'Others'

2011 NTU Bike Rally - Completed!

A Bad Week in Life, an OK Weekend for Cycling